Preventive dentistry focuses on caring for the teeth and gums to keep them healthy and prevent the need for advanced dental care in the future. At Holcroft Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, we provide preventive care through regular cleanings and checkups as well as specialized treatments and procedures.
We recommend coming in for appointments at least twice a year and more often if you have gum disease or are prone to cavities. During these appointments, we will thoroughly clean your teeth to remove any built-up plaque, tartar, and food particles from the surfaces of your teeth that you cannot remove on your own at home. We will also check for tooth decay and other areas of concern to catch any issues early and provide treatment immediately.
These visits will keep your teeth and gums healthy and help you avoid more advanced procedures like fillings or root canal therapy. Visit our office today to keep your smile bright and beautiful!
- Checking for oral cancer and other abnormalities
- Treating gum disease before it progresses
- Cleaning the teeth with professional tools and polishing paste to polish them and remove plaque buildup
- Applying fluoride to protect and strengthen tooth enamel
- Filling cavities with composite resin to keep bacteria from causing further damage
- Applying sealants to the chewing surfaces of back teeth to protect them from decay
- Removing infected tissue to halt the progression of gingivitis
- Replacing lost or broken teeth with dental implants to improve aesthetics and improve eating and speaking abilities
The Benefits of Preventive Dentistry
Preventive dentistry focuses on ensuring long-term dental health and preventing the need for more extensive and expensive dental care. By keeping up with your routine preventive care visits, you can prevent issues like gum disease and tooth decay that may progress and lead to complications and even tooth loss.
Regular preventive dentistry visits aren’t important only for your oral health due to the close connection between oral and systemic health. Your mouth can be a window into what’s happening in your body and poor oral health has been linked to conditions like diabetes and heart disease.
Preventive care is essential for you and your family if you want to keep your smiles healthy and bright. Visit Holcroft Cosmetic & Family Dentistry at 2560 RCA Blvd Suite 101, Palm Beach Garden, FL 33410, or call (561) 622-5600 for more information.