Options for Replacing Missing Teeth Palm Beach Gardens, FL
At Holcroft Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, we have several options for replacing missing teeth. If you have a tooth that has been knocked out in an accident or was removed due to decay, we can perform a procedure to replace it so you can regain the full functionality and appearance of your smile. If you live in Palm Beach Gardens, FL area, we invite you to call (561) 692-7449 and schedule an appointment with our dental office. After examining you, we will make a recommendation as to which procedure is likely to provide the best results for your appearance and lifestyle goals.
How can I tell which missing tooth replacement options are right for me?
In our Palm Beach Gardens dental office, we understand the importance of choice. We know that when we see 10 people with tooth loss, each of them will have a slightly different goal and their lifestyles will be different. Things like the type of food you like to eat, whether or not you play sports, if you are outgoing and gregarious or prefer to keep to yourself can impact which tooth replacement option is right for you. This is why when you come in for a consultation, we will take time to ask questions and get to know you. Asking about your hobbies and whether or not you work out may seem out of place for a dentist, but everything works together. For example, if your hobbies involve singing in the choir, dentures may not be a good solution for you because they could pop out of place. Simultaneously, if you like to run marathons, you will need a tooth replacement solution that will not become loose with aggressive impact. After asking you questions and conducting a physical examination, we will make a recommendation as to which option we feel will work best for your lifestyle. If you are a good candidate for all of them, we will let you know that as well, so you can ask more specific questions regarding the procedures and cost involved.
Out of all of the missing tooth replacement options, which one is the most durable?
At Holcroft Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, we can give you a well-made and durable replacement tooth, regardless of which option you select. However, if you are looking for a replacement option that looks, feels, and behaves like a natural tooth, a dental implant is the most effective. When completing this procedure, we implant a titanium post underneath the gums and secure it to the jawbone. This serves as a replacement root system. Over the course of one to several months, the titanium and bone will fuse together to create a new root system that is as strong as the original. The process of osseointegration makes it possible for us to give you a sturdy and durable tooth replacement you can count on. In our dental office, we will then attach a new tooth that has been specifically created to blend in with your surrounding teeth. An implant is the next best thing to a natural tooth. It is important to note that this is a surgical procedure, and in order to qualify, your jawbone will need to have sufficient density. As such, not everyone qualifies for the procedure. There are, however, other durable replacement solutions, such as a dental bridge.
A bridge is created by securing a dental crown to the two teeth surrounding the missing one. These crowns serve as anchors to hold a gum-colored bridge in place that a new tooth is secured to. This is the most durable, non-surgical solution you can get to replace a missing tooth, because it is firmly attached. Many of our patients prefer this as an alternative to dentures, while being less invasive than implants. During a consultation, we can explain the benefit of both options so you can determine which solution will work best for you. Additionally, if you have any restrictions, such as your remaining teeth not being healthy enough to support a bridge, we will let you know and suggest a different solution.
In some cases, dentures are an ideal way to replace missing teeth. While not as durable or sturdy as an implant or bridge, they do have their place. Dentures are an ideal immediate solution while waiting for another cosmetic procedure. Also, if you have suffered from resorption and do not have any strong, remaining teeth, they may be necessary. In this situation, modern dentistry has made it possible to wear a set of dentures that looks natural and is less likely to fall out of place.
Check out what others are saying about our dental restoration services on Yelp: Options for Replacing Missing Teeth Palm Beach Gardens
Palm Beach Gardens Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
Will my missing tooth replacement options be influenced by my age?
At Holcroft Cosmetic & Family Dentistry, our goal is to provide you with a tooth replacement solution that is beautiful, natural-looking, and will work for your lifestyle. Age, while a factor in healthcare, has less to do with your ideal tooth replacement solution than what your lifestyle is like. For example, you could be a senior and not want to wear dentures, even though they are common. Regardless of your age, if you lead an active lifestyle, dental implants could be the best solution simply because they are the sturdiest option and will allow you to maintain all of your activities. One thing to be aware of, and this does not have to be age-related, is that when you lose a tooth, the process of resorption starts. This is when the body starts to leach calcium from your jawbone and distribute it to the rest of the body. The longer you wait to visit our Palm Beach Gardens dental office and have the tooth replaced, the less bone density you will have. When you then go to replace the tooth, your options could be more limited. This makes losing a tooth an urgent matter to attend to.
We recommend that you call 561-692-7449 and schedule an appointment with our dental office as soon as your tooth has either fallen or been knocked out. During your appointment, we will examine your gums, take X-rays, and make a recommendation as to which tooth replacement option will be best suited for your needs. Acting on this quickly will help in restoring your appearance and oral health.
To learn more about dental options for replacing missing teeth, call and schedule an appointment with our Palm Beach Gardens dentist office today.
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Implant Terminology
- An abutment is a component that attaches to the dental implant so a professional can place a dental crown to provide patients with an artificial, aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional smile.
- Bone Augmentation
- Bone augmentation is the process in which a medical professional rebuilds the bone to strengthen it enough for the placement of dental implants.
- Bone Density
- Bone density refers to the amount of bone mineral in bone tissue.
- Multiple replacement teeth that are fixed in place via attachment to dental implants, natural adjacent teeth, or a combination of the two.
- Dental Crown
- A crown is an artificial tooth, usually consisting of porcelain, which covers the top of the implant to provide people with an aesthetically pleasing and fully-functional tooth.
- Dental Implant
- A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
- Endosteal (endosseous)
- Endosteal is a type of dental implant that a professional places in the alveolar and basal bone of the mandible that transcends only one cortical plate.
- Eposteal (subperiosteal)
- Eposteal is a type of dental implant that conforms to whichever edentulous surface of an alveolar bone is superior.
- Implant-Supported Bridge
- An implant-supported bridge is a dental bridge that professionals fix in place with the use of dental implants inserted in the jaw to create a sturdy set of artificial teeth.
- Oral Irrigator
- An oral irrigator is a type of water-flosser device that uses a stream of water to clean between the teeth and improve gingival health.
- Osseointegration is the process in which a titanium dental implant fuses with the surrounding bone over several months after an oral health professional places the implant in the jaw.
- Literally “around the tooth”
- Removable Complete Denture
- A removable complete denture is a complete denture that people can remove when necessary, at night, or to clean.
- Resin Bonded Bridge
- A resin bonded bridge is a dental bridge that professionals fix to the surrounding t teeth with a type of resin to provide patients with a long-lasting solution.
- Resorption is the process in which the body absorbs the calcium from the jaw since there are no tooth roots to cause the necessary stimulation and proceeds to use the calcium in other areas.
- Ridge Expansion
- A ridge expansion involves widening the jaw for more dental implants when there is not enough space for the implants.
- Transosteal (transosseous)
- Transosteal is a type of dental implant that includes threaded posts which penetrate the superior and inferior cortical bone plates of the jaw.
Back to top of Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
Understanding what is necessary to prepare for oral surgery is important for the success of the procedure. While many dental patients are concerned about the recovery process after surgery, they should also be concerned about getting ready for the procedure. When patients are fully prepared, they are more likely to experience positive outcomes.Oral surgery includes…
The idea of oral surgery can be intimidating, especially when your dentist recommends it. It is easy to understand the extra layer of anxiety that happens when the dentist goes on to refer you to a specialist.As you picture an unfamiliar person coming at your mouth with sharp instruments, you ask yourself: Do you really…
Learning more about the oral surgery treatments now available for smile makeovers is something everyone should do when interested in improving the way their smile looks. There are more cosmetic dentistry options available than ever before for you to choose from, which means you have lots of options when it comes to cosmetically designing your…
Looking for information on oral surgery? If you are currently in need of a simple surgical procedure in order to improve your dental health, then learning more about the different types of oral surgery procedures that dentists can perform is a great idea.Understanding more about oral surgery is a great idea, as there are different…